Chillin on a Hawaiian beach, writing an exceptionally good song, having some exceptionally good sex
2) What is your greatest extravagance?
I own tons of books and DVDs, most of which are at my parents' house
3) What is the most exciting thing you ever received through the post?
A rubber vagina. Not a Fleshlight but similar. The excitement diminished when I actually tried using it
4) What's your idea of a perfect meal?
Either some sushi rolls with eel and/or soft shell crab or a carnitas super burrito from my favorite taqueria in The Mission
5) Do you have a favorite hangover cure?
Been awhile since I quit drinking (12 years in December) but I rarely got hangovers back in the day, maybe partly because I was mostly a beer drinker. When I was at my worst, I'd throw up most mornings but would feel fine afterwards. Does puking count as a hangover cure? If not, I'll go with a nice strong Bloody Mary + a hearty breakfast
6) What vehicle do you own?
Never owned a vehicle or gotten my driver's license. And as long as I'm in The Bay Area, I don't really see that changing. Have driven a few times but don't have any real desire to be a driver
7) What was the first job you ever had?
Worked at a video rental store right after high school- aside from the skimpy pay, it was probably the best job I've ever had, or at least the most fun
8) Do you have any irrational fears?
Driving, which partly explains my answer to #6. My aunt lost her leg in a car accident when I was really young and driving's ridiculously dangerous so not sure how "irrational" it really is but I occasionally have stress dreams/nightmares about driving. Aside from that, I'd say mice and rats because I can hold them if they're someone's pet but if they're wild and running around my kitchen floor, it freaks me out (mainly because of how quickly they move)
9) What is the oldest item of clothing you still wear?
My pea coat, probably about 15 years old
10) Who do you love?
My family, my close circle of friends and my current ladyfriend (and maybe some past ladyfriends as well)
11) Who, or what, do you hate?
At the risk of sounding like a stereotypical SF hippie, I try not to hate anyone regardless of what they've done or what unpleasant characteristics they possess. Maybe I don't come off that way on Babble but I'm generally a very empathetic person, sometimes to my own detriment
12) What newspapers and magazines do you read?
Basically only Mojo, a popular UK music mag and that's been the case for several years. Never really followed the news- too depressing
13) What would be your desert island book?
The Collected Poems of Octavio Paz (new favorite poet and I recently realized that poetry is generally more rereadable than prose, at least for me)
14) What is your favorite TV program?
"The Simpsons" seasons 3-9, then "The Ren & Stimpy Show", then "Seinfeld"
15) What was the first record you ever bought?
"Kill 'Em All" by Metallica on cassette. Was around 8 or 9 years old and got it at Tower Records
16) Where do you go to relax?
17) What is your most annoying habit?
I can admittedly be pretty long-winded (and unlike the whole empathy thing, I'm sure I *do* come off that way on Babble)
18) What is your favorite journey?
Not sure if either counts but I'd say walking across SF or hiking up and down Mt. Tamalpais
19) What is your ultimate ambition?
To settle down relationship-wise, live contentedly with as little stress as possible and maybe write some good songs in the process
20) Which person has most influenced you?
Either John Kricfalusci or Captain Beefheart- both taught me the same lesson re: the importance of throwing out the rule book as an artist
21) What is your greatest achievement?
Probably quitting drinking/smoking/partying- probably wouldn't still be alive if I hadn't
22) Choose three people, dead or alive, to invite to dinner?
Alejandro Jodorowsky, Fran Lebowitz and Richard Pryor
23) Do you believe in God?
No but I do sorta believe in fate, which is pretty close
24) Do you believe in love at first sight?
I'm sure it's possible but it's never happened to me personally
25) Do you support the death penalty?
TBH I've always sorta been on the fence. I wanna say yes because I don't think life is as sacred as we make it out to be but our justice system is so ####ed, we execute innocent people every goddamn day
26) What would you like to be your epitaph?
Not sure but Vonnegut has a good one: "The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music"