2) What is your greatest extravagance?
It's definitely the records and CDs.
3) What is the most exciting thing you ever received through the post?
Exciting in an absolute sense, or exciting to me at the time? Exciting to me at the time was probably the set of steer horns that I ordered to be delivered to my office at my first real attorney job. It was one of the earlier things that I'd ever ordered through the internet and the office manager had a priceless look on her face when she watched me unwrap it and then hang it. And then I lit up a cigarette. Yep. A windowless office, but we were one of the last office buildings in NYC to allow people to smoke in it, before Bloomberg banned it all (I quit smoking some years later).
4) What's your idea of a perfect meal?
5) Do you have a favorite hangover cure?
No. I don't think there actually is a hangover cure.
6) What vehicle do you own?
I'm actually between vehicles right now. Hit a deer a couple of weeks ago and totaled the car.
7) What was the first job you ever had?
8) Do you have any irrational fears?
It would freak me out to walk on one of those translucent observation deck floors in high-rises.
9) What is the oldest item of clothing you still wear? It's a tie.
A shirt I bought from the JCrew catalog in college. I can still wear it because intermittent weight gains result in it having not fit for much of my life, so it didn't get worn out. So it's still in pretty good shape and is really cool.
The other is this London Fog wool longcoat that I got around the same time, and can still wear now for the same reasons.
10) Who do you love?
11) Who, or what, do you hate?
I don't see how announcing that would gain me any advantage.
12) What newspapers and magazines do you read?
Not much. NY Times when I buy it to do the crossword.
13) What would be your desert island book?
I couldn't say.
14) What is your favorite TV program?
I don't know.
15) What was the first record you ever bought?
I always thought it was Van Halen's 1984, but now I'm not sure if it was Herbie Hancock's Future Shock. That Rockit video was on MTV when I was a kid and it was the first video I ever loved.
16) Where do you go to relax?
These days, one of the NYC parks.
17) What is your most annoying habit?
I don't know.
18) What is your favorite journey?
I'm a big fan of LA to Monterey on the PCH, though I've only actually done it a few times.
19) What is your ultimate ambition?
20) Which person has most influenced you?
I couldn't say. Literally it's probably my dad, but that's probably true of almost any guy who has a dad and doesn't hate him, so that's kind of a lame answer.
21) What is your greatest achievement?
Honestly, it's probably winning a case in court using a "mistake of law" defense - a defense which works very infrequently (it was my own case, in traffic court, for an expired registration). Either that or winning back SSD benefits for some old dude on an oxygen tank as a legal intern in law school. I was pretty proud of that, but I had no context for how hard that was to actually win, so can't really say if it was a great achievement.
22) Choose three people, dead or alive, to invite to dinner?
Do I get to be at the table too, or is this for my observation?
23) Do you believe in God?
No. I mean, not in the conventional sense. But it's not as if I actually am "spiritual" and have a strong belief in "something;" it's more like "will I be surprised if I have some kind conscious experience in an afterlife one day?" Yes. Will I be floored if things in that state turn out to be more or less similar to what any of the major religions teach? Hell yes. But am I comfortable swearing off the possibility of "something" afterwards which may be beyond the comprehension of people right now? I guess not. There's a lot of sh!t that we probably can't comprehend, so it would be irrational to rule out something that one can't ascertain the scope of. I just can't be bothered to think much about things that may be beyond my scope of understanding. I'm just pretty sure about what *isn't* out there.
24) Do you believe in love at first sight?
25) Do you support the death penalty?
26) What would you like to be your epitaph?