At one of my favorite places (my dad's house, my family's place in Maine, or maybe just my apartment) doing not a heck of a lot, with nothing that needs to get done and no one to bother me... except the ol' lady... we'd go out for Italian in the evening and watch a movie.
2) What is your greatest extravagance?
Like everyone here, my physical collection of media.
3) What is the most exciting thing you ever received through the post?
I'm sure I was never more excited to get something in the mail than one of the new Zelda games when I was in my pre-teens.
4) What's your idea of a perfect meal?
A really good pizza from a great pizza place and a couple beers on a Friday night is hard to beat.
5) Do you have a favorite hangover cure?
Get up, take a sh!t, shave, brush the teeth, shower, get stoned, drink something carbonated, eat a little something, sit on the couch.
6) What vehicle do you own?
Haven't had a car in over 7 years, since I moved to the city.
7) What was the first job you ever had?
Part-timer for my dad's building company, teenage summers.
8) Do you have any irrational fears?
Being a crappy husband and father.
9) What is the oldest item of clothing you still wear?
I've got some tees from college or even pre-college, like a UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs shirt or an Abbey Road shirt.
10) Who do you love?
My fiancee and my mom (others, too, but those are unconditional).
11) Who, or what, do you hate?
People in public walking around and not looking up from their phone; arrogant people... lots of other things
12) What newspapers and magazines do you read?
13) What would be your desert island book?
whatever... I'd end up using it for toilet paper.
14) What is your favorite TV program?
15) What was the first record you ever bought?
Sgt Pepper's on cassette
16) Where do you go to relax?
the bathroom, the couch, on a run, or northward to NH or Maine
17) What is your most annoying habit?
18) What is your favorite journey?
the pilgrimage from Boston to my family's place in Maine is always very rewarding
19) What is your ultimate ambition?
Provide enough for a couple kids and the wifey to have a good life, and don't do anything stupid. Also to have a bunch of shelves full of books, records, and films.
20) Which person has most influenced you?
21) What is your greatest achievement?
Being in this relationship with me old lady.
22) Choose three people, dead or alive, to invite to dinner?
my two departed grandfathers and my little brother (who is alive)
23) Do you believe in God?
I want to believe, but I don't concern myself with this very often.
24) Do you believe in love at first sight?
Sure, but it ain't the real thing. always deceives...
25) Do you support the death penalty?
I'm still not really sure. some do deserve to die, but I don't trust any of us to make the right decision. I guess not.
26) What would you like to be your epitaph?
"He was a good guy."