My dog's getting an eye removed on Thursday
Edited by board administrator November 6, 2021, 3:38 pm
TBH I never really got into Violator. To begin with, the single versions of "Personal Jesus" and "Enjoy the Silence", probably others but I haven't heard the album in a long time, smoke the album's. There's really no reason to even listen to the latter (the album version of "Silence") if you're not listening to the whole album. The only (when I was into Depeche Mode) live album, which I think was called 101 but I don't 100% (or 101%) remember, is pretty lame, too. It's from that era if not the very Violator tour.
Songs of Faith and Devotion and Ultra are hella underrated, the former in particular (I mean, I don't think either is bad; it's more that Ultra is more recognized so it's not as underrated).
Had a big Depeche Mode phase when I was maybe 20 and for some reason bought their whole discography on vinyl, but all you really need are Black Celebration and a good singles package, preferably one with lots of remixes. If you're into synth-pop their other '80s albums are worth checking out.
I haven't heard anything post-Playing the Angel but their 2000s albums lose me. Especially Exciter, what a piece of shit that was. There were like two good songs. Dl "I Feel Loved" and you're done.
- Sorry to hear about your dog - Pugeye November 8, 2021, 12:46 pm
- Glaucoma - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk November 8, 2021, 1:59 pm
- Policy of Truth and Enjoy the Silence are my two faves - Jim November 6, 2021, 10:44 pm
- Tabs left out a crucial bit of info here - B. D. November 6, 2021, 3:55 pm
- You know it - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk November 6, 2021, 4:18 pm