For those of you who drink, or used to, what is (was) your poison?
Posted by John S. on March 23, 2023, 9:10 pm
Lately, after a days work, I usually suffice on a half pint of Jim Beam whiskey with just a little ice and a lager chaser. (Preferably Rainer, a PNW treasure.) And I like to mix in a White Claw hard seltzer every once in a while. I can't drink whiskey like I could ten years ago (I used to drink half a fifth every night), but I still drink a lot of beer.
I drink vodka on ice every once in a while, but I prefer it mixed with fruit juice (orange or grapefruit). And I know not to mix the brown ones with the clear ones.
Closely, ten years ago, I could polish off a half gallon of gin with fruit juice in three days. But it would get me too blacked out on "school nights."
When I go to a bar (where I always order something to eat), I enjoy a gin and tonic or IPA. And I can't stay out very late anymore.
I like white wine, but don't drink it very often. I can't mix it with anything else.
- I'm pretty flexible - Oliver March 25, 2023, 12:47 pm
- Been sober since December 2009 - Pugeye March 24, 2023, 1:00 pm
- Re: For those of you who drink, or used to, what is (was) your poison? - Joe March 24, 2023, 7:35 am
- I'm adaptable - Norville March 24, 2023, 5:55 am
- Re: For those of you who drink, or used to, what is (was) your poison? - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk March 23, 2023, 10:53 pm