In accordance with the State of California and Governor’s Stay-At-Home order the suspension of Palmdale Youth Soccer League & Palmdale Adult Soccer League activities continue until further notice. PYSL / PASL suspension because of the pandemic of the novel COVID-19 / Coronavirus will not be lifted until State authorities advise otherwise or make changes to the Stay-At-Home order.
PYSL / PASL President Kimberly Schenk is working on sending a letter with our safety guidelines to Palmdale’s Mayor and to the Governor of California and maybe that will help moving to the next step in resuming the league’s activities, will advise the outcome when possible. League’s Board Members will be meeting to discuss safety guidelines for players, administrators, and parents (Date TBD) and will later be posted on our league’s website PYSL.com.
We will continue to monitor ongoing events, advisories, taking necessary precautions and best practices recommended by public health experts.
To reinforce health safety and best practices for illness prevention, please read the list below:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow recommendations for using a facemask.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses.
Board of Directors of PYSL / PASL
CalSouth has created a phased approach to return to play, please click the following link or copy and paste the URL into your browser to review the information.