This brooch was made about mid 1800s from diamonds, silver & gold.
It belonged to Princess Mary Adelaide, Duchess of Teck (Queen Mary`s mother)
It was left to Queen Mary`s brother in 1897 but Queen Mary had come into possession of it by 1923, when she gave it to her son, the Duke of York as a gift for his bride Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, became the Duchess of York.
It was one of the favorite brooch of the Queen Mother`s for the rest of her life.
1950/11/09 - VISIT LANSBURY - KG GEORGE VI
QEII - 2010 - PORTRAIT - BY - LORD SNOWDON