Some are well known pieces, but especially all the bracelets are unknown to me.
The Russian diamond and sapphire brooch has been worn by Sonja since the early 1970s.
Mette-Marit also wore it to one of her first official dinner at the Royal Palace, shortly after the engagement to CP Haakon was announced.
The pearl anchor brooch has also been worn by Sonja since the early 1970s, often when she travels with the Royal Yacht "Norge". Queen Maud was also photographed with this brooch.
Sketches of some of the gifts below have been available for some time, and so a lot of jewels have been identified. Others sketches are new. Hopefully, we might be able to identify a few more jewels. I have checked very carefully which ones have been identified but have decided not to complicate this list unnecessarily with every occurrence.
1.Diamond from Mr Astor
I used to wonder if the Astor diamond was the one set in the front cross of Queen Alexandra's diamond diadem as it is worn by Queen Sonja. https://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/thread/1496907620.html
However, the sketch above suggests the diamond was more pear than oval shaped.
2. Gift from the Duke of Alba
3. Gift from Duchess of Inverness.
4. Gift from Baron and Baroness Hirsch
5. From Lord and Lady Rothschild
6. From Dowager Empress Marie
7. From Hon. GJ and Mrs Goschen
8. From Duke and Duchess of Aosta
9. From Queen of Greece
10. From Duke of Buccleuch
11. From Marchioness of Lansdowne
12. From Countess of Macclesfield
13. From Duke and Duchess of Saxe Coburg and Gotha
14. From Prince and Princess of Schaumburg-Lippe, Princes Christian, Harold and Gustave and Princess Dagmar.
15. Sir William and Lady Harourt
16. From The Bridesmaids
17. From Louise, Duchess of Argyll and her husband.
18. From the King of Greece
19. From the Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg Strelitz.
20. From the Countess of Paris.
21. From the Marchioness of Granby
22. From Mme Albani Gye
23. From the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark
24. From the Emperor of Germany
25. From the Empress Eugenie
26. From Queen Victoria's Household and Prince Charles (the groom)
27. From the Emperor and Empress of Russia.
« Back to index | View thread »